Recovering from surgery in over-the-top style.
It hasn’t exactly been a banner year for Odell Beckham Jr. or his team, the New York Giants. The rising wide receiver suffered a season-ending ankle injury this past October (and the Giants are currently 2-10). On the bright side? Beckham appears to be keeping his spirits high, and isn’t letting the injury stop him from wearing his trademark flashy footwear. If you needed a reminder that the 24-year-old star loves going all the way over the top, look no further his customized Supreme x Louis Vuitton ankle boot. Yes, he really had a one-of-a-kind (we’re assuming) leg brace covered in the eye-catching pattern from this year’s hottest fashion collaboration.
A quick scroll through Beckham’s Instagram and you’ll see he’s a big fan of the entire Supreme x LV collection: duffle bags, backpacks, hooded sweatshirts, cross-body bags—and that’s not even half of what he owns. The dude loves his Supreme. He’s not the only professional athlete who seems to be obsessed with the hyped-up collaboration either. Everyone from NBA champ Tristan Thompson to Brazilian soccer star Neymar to Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton have all been spotted in the red and white goods. (As has the forefather of athlete swagger, David Beckham.) But OBJ stands way out from the pack: he remains the only one to up the ante with not just customized footwear in the form of this boot and another pair of cleats, but even a custom suit he wore to the 2017 ESPYs.
And, sure, no one really needs a Supreme x LV orthopedic brace, but this is OBJ we’re talking about. This is a man that makes unbelievable catches look simple, parties at 1OAK, and received a visit at the hospital from Drake while recovering from his ankle surgery. There is nothing low-key about anything he does, least of all his personal style—just check his new taxicab-yellow Air Force 1s. That’s why we love him. And if his ankle is a resilient—or at least as high-end—as his footwear, he’ll be back to scoring touchdowns in no time.
MORE STORIES LIKE THIS ONE
- Janaye Furman Is the First Black Model to Open a Louis Vuitton Show – Inquirer.net
- Supreme x Louis Vuitton Resale Prices Are Already Out of Control – GQ Magazine
- A Supreme x Louis Vuitton Hoodie Is Going For Over $22,000 On eBay – Konbini US
- Omani photographer shoots for Louis Vuitton – Times of Oman
- Louis Vuitton is selling custom belts online like Nike ID or some shit – Kulture Hub (registration)
- Grâce à sa collaboration avec Supreme, Louis Vuitton a été élue meilleure marque fashion du monde ! – meltyStyle
- Louis Vuitton’s Latest Watch Is Like a Batmobile for Your Wrist – GQ Magazine
- All Hail Kim Jones, King of Louis Vuitton – GQ Magazine